Saturday, August 9, 2008
Local Yarn Shop Hop
-mark your calendars-
September 18 thru September 21, 2008
Come join the FUN!
Visit each participating shop - including The Continental Stitch (19 in all) from Burlingame to Carmel, get your passport stamped, and if you visit all of the participating shops during the 4-day Peninsula to Pier Shop Hop, you can enter to win fabulous prizes!
For more information and details please visit the website http://www.lysshophop.com
Here is last years
LYS Shop Hop $150 certificate winner - Pearl Tover.
She is using her gift-certificate here at The Continental Stitch for a bag of Noro Silk Garden, a hank of Manos of Uruguay and a pair of Rosewood needles. Way to go Pearl!
Friday, August 8, 2008
FALL IS ON ITS WAY!!!
are you ready?
Vogue Knitting Trends for Fall 2008: Playful layering, complex cables, increased volume, hue news and mixed messages. Shapes from short, boxy jackets to exaggerated chunky cowl necks to generous wraps, and stitchwork from simple stockinette striping to complex cabling and ultrafine Fair Isles, provide ample inspiration to cautious and ambitious knitters alike.
Time to update your fall knit wardrobe, says Knit 'N Style Magazine - October 2008. Following are some highlights!
- Sweater jackets are a hot item and look terrific in chunky knits, worked in oversize silhouettes.
- One-of-a-kind accessories are on the agenda for fall: the knit hat - in everything from the jaunty beret and slouchy fedora , to the head-hugging cloche.
- Knit gloves are definitely "in" this fall, and the newest are in brightly patterned stripes,, pretty florals, and Op Art motifs often matched to a garment.
- Knit scarves come into their own and add dash to the necklines of sweaters, as well as to coats and jackets. The newest scarves incorporate such whimsical touches as pom pom trim and deep fringe, or they are shaped into twisted "baguettes."
- When it comes to layering, don't forget perky vests and brief shrugs. Both give depth and definition to an otherwise minimalist outfit.
Capes and Ponchos are the latest new trend for the upcoming cool weather, as per the June 2008 Harper's Bazaar.
Come down and peruse the latest new knitting magazines in our knitting lounge
- Vogue Knitting
- Knit Scene
- Knit 'N Style
- Interweave Knits
- Knit Simple
- you will be inspired in no time.